Eggcellent News

This card makes me smile every time I look at it. I absolutely love Wryn, and all the adventures she gets into. For this design, I printed out Wryn - Eggcellent News, one of the many adorable "Wryns" available from Tiddly Inks. This card is my second entry for the Tiddly Inks DT call. You can find my first card here and my third card here.

Christy's artwork is so delightful and whimsical, I wanted to make sure to do this little girl justice on the "whimsy" part. So, I kept the card one-layer simple, and added lots of white gel pen highlights. I kept my embellishments to a couple strands of twine, included some water spots and distressed the chocolate chip background paper to add a bit of vintage feel.


Here's my recipe list:
Hair - 100, W10, 7, 5, E74, 70
Skin - E04, 11, 00, 51, 50, R20
Eggs - BG07, 05, 02, 01, B000, BG0000
Branch - E47, 27, 15, 23, 34, 31
Nest - E99, 97, YR24, 23, Y35
Leaves - YG17, 13, 09, 06, 11
Dress - R89, 29, 27, 24
Other: tumbled glass and antique linen distress inks
Sentiment and extra leaves are by me.

I'm also entering this design in the Tiddly Inks Challenge #202 for this month.

Thanks for popping by today! Have a wonderful whimsical day!

Comments

  1. Your background and gel pen highlights are fabulous! Thank you for sharing this awesome creation, and thanks too for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment, Kecia!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts